POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test.binaries : Blob bug/feature: The spiky knee (v. 3.02 to 3.5) : Re: Blob bug/feature: The spiky knee (v. 3.02 to 3.5) Server Time
15 May 2024 07:42:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Blob bug/feature: The spiky knee (v. 3.02 to 3.5)
From: Rune
Date: 28 Nov 2001 16:29:35
Message: <3c05573f@news.povray.org>
"Greg M. Johnson" wrote: in message news:3C05481E.C2CEAFBA@aol.com...
> No, that's not what I'm doing.

You said that the red and green samples in your original post should look
the same, but they shouldn't, because you have scaled them differently.

> I scaled the x &  z dimensions of the blob component and get
> a wacky alteration of the blob in the y!! This is not
> mathematically correct, IFMSS. Look at the code in my original
> post here...

I did tell you that you should expect that when scaling the cylinder blob
component non-proportionally. Just imagine that the cap is a sphere. It
looks longer in the y dimension if you scale it longer in the y dimension,
but it also looks longer in the y dimension if you scale it smaller in the x
and z dimension.

It seems to me that you forget that you have not just scaled the red
cylinder blob component down in the x and z dimensions, you have also given
it a larger radius (4 times as big). That's why the rounded cap of the red
cylinder blob component is 4 times as long in the y dimension than that of
the green cylinder blob component.

I really don't see the problem. Could you explain in a more specific way
what exactly is the wrong behavior?

Rune
Rune's World:    http://rsj.mobilixnet.dk (updated Nov 5)